Monday, August 08, 2005

Something nice for lunch

I made myself something nice for lunch today. It was the first time in over a week that I actually put any effort and thought into a meal. (I must be feeling a little better!)

I made a chicken sesame tossed salad with fake cheese. I cooked up the chicken fresh and sliced it over the salad. I made a fresh garlic-balsamic vinaigrette. I served it with toasted hemp bread sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds. It was a delightful meal fit for a loved one or company, but I ate it all by myself. (I only made one serving).

While I ate (and only while I ate), I read in The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg. I am enjoying the book very much even though I am reading it so slowly. In the last chapter, she met a handyman who said he'd fix anything for $15/hour and that made me nervous, thinking of The Handyman, by Carolyn See (lent to us by Gail). That was an excellent book, but also scary and upsetting.

Now I am ready to get back to work on preparing for my reading, a long slow painful process! I probably will not do any more readings until I get moved! Unless I can somehow plan it so I can work on them in DETROIT, not here. I just have too much to do here to do an adequate job.
--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments: