Sunday, September 07, 2014

"I dream someone is drawing cards that will determine not only my dreams, but also my future"

"I dream someone is drawing cards that will determine not only my dreams, but also my future"
by Mary Stebbins Taitt
water color, pen and ink
I really had this dream!  And as part of a dream yesterday morning, two small children were turning back and forth from kids to a snail and a slug and ricing through hot soapy water.  It was nerve-wracking to watch/dream!

This is my last piece in Aya's Mole this round.  Yet to do is one or more pocket items and the envelope.  I was going to start the envelope NOW, but the top is stuck on gesso and I can't get it off.

We have NO power at home, and slept at the studio last night.  The internet here is unbearably slow, and we don't have a smart phone, so I won't be online much until we get our power back at home.  Wish you love, joy, blessings!


1 comment:

John said...

Interesting dreams Mary. Perhaps with the first it is showing you that you believe that you are not in control of your life. That seemingly random events are caused by fate? Of course in this paradoxical universe we live in, when we try to control life we find we cannot, yet when we realize that we have no control, we are in control (as much as anyone can be!), this is the paradox.