Sunday, February 08, 2015

5th layer of Paint on had races and won + other new art

"Had Races and Won"
Acrylic on thin Moleskine paper*
5th coat
I changed the color of the grass, added the head back on the left-most wolf, worked on the turtles and miscellaneous other changes.  I think I am nearly finished.


"Angry Man"
Acrylic and oil pastels on Moleskine Paper
Mary Stebbins Taitt
Click any image to view larger

I wanted paint a picture of anger to go with my Vera House Survivor poems, so I tried to paint an angry man. I tried and tried. I've certainly seen my share of angry men.

But no matter how hard I tried, the man looked as much sad as angry.

Is that deep well of sadness generating the anger?

Or is the sadness in my own heart when I look at the picture and remember?

(It could well be that I am simply not a good enough artist yet.)


"Biker Buddy #20140218"
Acrylic and oil pastels on Moleskine Paper
Mary Stebbins Taitt
Click any image to view larger
This scan looks a little lighter on my screen than the actual painting.

"Skull Sketch with conte Crayon effect added"
sketch in Faber Castell artist pens
including dry one for "dry brush"
Mary Stebbins Taitt
This is an adaptation of my collaboration first half for Mike Kline.


1 comment:

John said...

Such an eclectic artist Mary. I think anger is a sadness, it is generated by fear of lack of control? Great post!