Saturday, June 10, 2017

Last Round 5 work in Preston's Mole

Brave Benny and the Owl


watercolor and Faber-Castell and Micron artists pens
click this and all images to view larger

Dragon tears collab for Steve Spetseris
watercolor and sakura gel pen

Camouflage Rabbit
 white-line print, watercolor
pocket item for Preston

These are my last two pieces in Preston's Moleskine.  The first is for the Brave Benny Book I am doing for my grandkids (and Also for Andrea, even though it's in Preston;s Mole), the second is a collaboration for Steve Spetseris--Steve feel free to manipulate or paint over any part you'd like.  The third is a white-line print.  My first ever.  It is for Preston's pocket.  I am concerned because there is absolutely NOTHING in Preston's pocket--I thought we were each supposed to leave some small gift for the owner of the Mole in the pocket.  

A little history of the white line print.  I took a workshop.  The workshop was three hours long, during which time I made the design and then carved the woodblock and began the printing process.  It took 2 more 3-hour sessions to complete the print. It's a slow process.

The White-line print, also called the Provincetown Print, is described here and also in many other online posts, if you are interested in learning more about it.

No comments: