Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My New Home Office (YEBA!)

9/13/2005 9:35 AM Good news, last night, Keith finished assembling my desk.  We had been working on it together, but he did the last finishing touches on it mostly alone while I made dinner and washed the dishes etc.   I now have my own office at our "Detroit" home.  It is not set up yet, but I am sitting at the desk using Keith's computer to write this joyous note—it is one more step toward getting moved and toward getting back to my writing.  

 

I am very discouraged about both after the hard drive died on my Detroit computer and I lost all my new work for several years, which was all on that computer.   Yes, there are some back-ups which I have yet to attempt to reassemble.  But the back-ups are insufficient and much of it is lost.    I still have the drive, but apparently, data recovery is expensive.

 

The death of the hard drive also put an end to the Hog Island series.  Maybe I can reinstitute that as well, once I get set up.  All my work on that was lost.

 

Once I get set up, I want to put in place a regular system for creating and filing back-ups so that so much of my work will not be lost again.   THEN I want to get back to serious writing.  SO YEBA for that possibility coming closer to fruition, and YEBA for getting closer to a final move here, permanently.   YEBA YEBA!  J



--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments: