Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Upcoming Readings

I haven't been blogging much because I have two upcoming poetry readings and an new art show opening.  I spent the morning so far revising a poem from 1981 or before for those readings.  One was supposed to be held at Laci's at the Farmer's Market in Syracuse, NY at 7 PM on November 4th, but I've just learned that the owner has a family medical emergency in Florida and the event might be canceled or postponed.  Since I was planning on driving 8 or 9 hours to get the the event, I hope I learn what's going on with it soon, as I was planning on leaving the day after tomorrow.  Meanwhile, my best wishes and prayers to the owner and her family!

3 comments:

BerryBird said...

Reading that poem at the Vera House reading would be a good way to tie in with the chapbooks you have donated, generate interest and such. It's the same chapbook, right?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I DO intend to read that poem at the reading at Laci's the day after tomorrow!

I'm donating three chapbooks to them (I know that's not many, but hey, it's something--because I've already dontaed at least 8 pieces of artwork worth over $400).

One of them has that poem in it.

Maybe there is a poem I can read there from the other one. I haven't gotten that far yet. EEK, I am running out of time.

jo(e) said...

Hey, I didn't hear anything about the reading being cancelled ... let me know when you find out more info.