Thursday, May 08, 2008

Someone loves me!!!

I was washing dishes in my "dressing gown" (aka jammies and flannel)
when the doorbell rang and I was tucking things in as I ran to the
door and lo and behold, a woman holding a HUGE package--for ME!!!

I immediately burst into embarrassing tears.

I'd been feeling like a failure as a parent because of issues with PB.
THe card was "signed" from all three of them. I burst into tears
again. :-D

It was a nice gift, too, fresh lovely delicate flowers, and when they
are gone, a caraf and drinking glass. Lovely. Thoughtful. Thanks!
:-D YAY!

6 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

You are NOT a failure. You are a warm, loving person who is much appreciated.

I particularly like the coloration of that last rose.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

THANK YOU! :-D

YAY!

(wahn!)

YAY!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Me too! VERY PRETTY!

BerryBird said...

What a nice surprise! You probably cringed a little when the doorbell rang, since you weren't expecting anyone. I know I always do, what with the unwanted solicitations. The flowers do look nice.

Keep in mind when you are frustrated with PB that he is 14. What a perfectly miserable age. I'm sure your older kids were difficult at that age as well.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I sure did panic, still in my jammies! LOL!

When you mentioned about my older kids being difficult at that age, I had to laugh--the first thing that popped into my head is how they wouldn't walk near me at the mall--they always walked way behind or way ahead so no one would see them with me. (I was too uncool.)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Maybe it's because I am older and less well than I used to be or maybe it's because he's a boy or a step child or maybe because my memory is failing me--he does seem a little harder than my sweet daughters though!