Sunday, August 17, 2008

Garden Delights

Our vegetable garden is very small--as is our yard, and it is located
behind the garage between our garage and the neighbors where is
doesn't get much sunshine, And I never think to take pictures before
I harvest, so these were taken after I'd already harvested the ripe
tomatoes etc. The grape tomatoes are really tall and rangy, but the
fruit are candy-sweet. We have five varieties of tomatoes and three
of summer squash. We've already eaten lots of zucchinis and more are
ready. (Luckily, we love zucchini!)

2 comments:

BerryBird said...

Your grape tomatoes look wonderful! I guess I am biased towards those over the others because they look ripe and tasty.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

They are ripe and tasty--and those are the ones I was leaving for tomorrow--you should have seen the ones I picked (and already ate!) They were brilliantly red. They are so sweet.

I also picked and ate a smallish large tomato which was ripe and good, but not as good as the grape tomatoes--but can you see how TALL they are? Really tall! Hard to tell because they are so rangy. but the fence is very handy for tying them to--I've been using twisties.