Friday, June 26, 2009

The Highest Tide The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Educational and engaging, this book really held my attention. It is well-written (and it's the middle of the night and I have insomnia and can't sleep--or think, sorry, will try again later.) It's about a very precocious 13-year old boy who loves the sea and the tidal flats. He makes some exciting new discoveries and becomes and instant "success." which turns out to have its downsides!

View all my reviews.

I am just back from my trip to Maine, and although it is cool outside, it is nearly 90 in the bedroom and I can't sleep. It doesn't help that I had an argument with BB about turning on the air conditioner (we did not). So in addition to being hot, I am suffering from separation anxiety.

So here is my new book list (though I am fairly certain it is incomplete):

  1. The Highest Tide, Jim Lynch
  2. Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens
  3. Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
  4. Dream When You're Feeling Blue, Elizabeth Berg
  5. We didn't mean to go to Sea, by Arthur Ransome
  6. Tara Road, Maeve Binchy
  7. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
  8. The Worst Witch at School, Jill Murphy
  9. Saving Fish from Drowning, Amy Tan
  10. The Nick Adams Stories, Ernest Hemingway
  11. The River King, Alice Hoffman
  12. The Probable Future, Alice Hoffman
  13. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
  14. Lucifer, A Hagiography, Phillip Memmer
  15. It's a Magical World, Bill Watterson
  16. Pigeon Post, Arthur Ransome
  17. I Claudius, Robert Graves
  18. Peter Duck, Arthur Ransome

No comments: