Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Actress The Actress by Elizabeth Sims


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book is a page turner. The action and interest never ceases and I hated to put it down. It's very very well-written. All the pieces fit together and there are some surprising turns. An actress is hired by a lawyer to help a woman accused of murdering her young child to come across as a more sympathetic character. The actress gets deeply involved and so does her family. I really enjoyed it.



The only thing I didn't care for was the constant mention of clothes, purses, furniture (Gucchi purses, Ikea furniture, etc). I just really didn't care--I wanted to know what was going to HAPPEN. But I know other people care about those things (though I'm not sure why.) It made me wonder if the author was getting paid to drop the names of products. Otherwise, the writing was excellent and I only found ONE extra "very."


View all my reviews.

No comments: