Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Booklist, 2009, revisted

Booklist, 2009, revisited

I just completed A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and three children's books I bought for the grandkids (and enjoyed). I don't have time to write a review, but there are plenty of good ones online. Suffice it to say I loved Dickens. I am in the middle of reading The Actress (and several other books--like about 8). The Actress was written by the wife of the mother of the woman next door. It's VERY GOOD--well--I think so. So far. Here is my new book list (though I am fairly certain it is incomplete):

  1. A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens
  2. Marley: A Dog Like No Other, John Grogan
  3. Goodnight, Gorilla, Peggy Rathmann
  4. Bad Dog, Marley, John Grogan
  5. The Highest Tide, Jim Lynch
  6. Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens
  7. Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
  8. Dream When You're Feeling Blue, Elizabeth Berg
  9. We didn't mean to go to Sea, by Arthur Ransome
  10. Tara Road, Maeve Binchy
  11. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
  12. The Worst Witch at School, Jill Murphy
  13. Saving Fish from Drowning, Amy Tan
  14. The Nick Adams Stories, Ernest Hemingway
  15. The River King, Alice Hoffman
  16. The Probable Future, Alice Hoffman
  17. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
  18. Lucifer, A Hagiography, Phillip Memmer
  19. It's a Magical World, Bill Watterson
  20. Pigeon Post, Arthur Ransome
  21. I Claudius, Robert Graves
  22. Peter Duck, Arthur Ransome

No comments: