Friday, December 04, 2009

We Were the Mulvaneys

We Were the Mulvaneys We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
We Were the Mulvaneys, by Joyce Carol Oates. This is an expansive book covering the lives of six people in the Mulvaney family and their extended family and friends. It's a sad and heart-rending book, a book of joys and sorrows. An event happens early in the book, beyond the control of anyone in the book, that negatively affects the entire family. The book chronicles the disintegration of family and bonds and entire lives due to this one event.

I felt that too many words filled the book. Other than that, it was a very interesting, engaging read. Slow starter, but then got very good.

View all my reviews >>

I am very excited becasue this is my 53rd recorded book of the year (I think I may have missed a few) and that makes more than a book a week. YAY!

No comments: