Thursday, June 27, 2013

Messages of Hope

Get Well Card from Sara and Erwin

I have surgery today at 2:30.  I have to be there at 1:00 for Prep.  I am scared because I have read that it's very painful AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME IT'S VERY PAINFUL.

I have been receiving many messages of hope.  I can't print them all.

There is one above and here is another:


Thank you Mary for sharing. I think that bat story has some parallels for what you are about to endure. Like the bat, you have been struggling for quite some time and your energy is slowing and your resources are stressed. Help is on the way! Like the bat, I know you are scared and unsure what is about to happen but like the bat you will be relieved of your pain and struggle though you will have to endure being held by a giant being who applies tools to your ailment and pulls out a metal hook. I'm sure that bat was really anxious for the rescue to be finished and in fact it was. The difference between us and the bat is that the bat does not think about itself. We on the other hand have vivid imaginations and use them to process information that is new to us. Take your friend's advice and imagine enjoying an early autumn hike at Silk Creek hiker kitty overlook or the "designated campsite" with the sounds of water flowing under a moonlit night. Go there and be there. It is real. It is here and will be here for you when you are past this. You will get past this. Everyone is pulling for you!  From Scott Carter

(gave me a tear or two.) 


Just wanted you to know:

 THE MARY TAITT WELL-WISHING FACTORY 
 IS NOW ON A 24 HOUR SHIFT. 
 ALL CREWS WILL RECEIVE OVER TIME. 

 IF THE PRODUCT IS UP TO OR PASSES THE STANDARD, 
AS JUDGED BY M. TAITT, 
ALL CREWS WILL RECEIVE DOUBLE OVERTIME.

 EVERYONE: G O ! from Pam Perkins Frederick

(gave me a chuckle!) 

I can't find some of the other notes I wanted to add, and have to get ready for the hospital NOW, so I may add them at another time.  Sorry guys.  :-(  

2 comments:

John said...

You are blessed indeed Mary with such wonderful friends. Hope all is now well with you and the pain has gone.

merrytait said...

Thanks John, but I was warned ahead of time that recovery would be long and painful. I am not out of the woods yet.