Comfort Meme from jo(e) and Erin
(and now Sara.)
1. Comfort food : Homemade meatloaf with baked potato and squash, sloppy joes, raw cookie dough (these days a forbidden pleasure).
2. Comfort beverage: Herbal tea. Sleepy time. (I'd also like to down lots of sweet, milky coffee, mocha or hot chocolate, but can't have them either).
3. Comfort read: Books written for young people. Right now reading Ann McCaffrey's Dragonsong; for the umpteenth time. Also, The Woman's Comfort Book; And good poetry. Mary Oliver, Stanley Kunitz, Marge Piercy, Linda Pennisi, Pat Lawler, Janine DeBaise, many others.
4. Comfort television/DVD/music: Copying jo(e) here, cause I agree 100%: It would never occur to me to turn on the television for comfort. I watch very little television, and even then, only because someone else has turned it on. The only time I can ever remember watching television by myself is on September 11, 2001. I was home alone, and heard it on the radio and turned on the TV for the visual impact. [That was NOT comfortable!]
comfort music: Mozart, grateful dead.
5. Comfort companion(s): My husband, Keith. Sara, Erin. Graham, when he's sleepy. Certain close friends.
6. Comfort activity? Hugging, snuggling. Hiking and being in nature, sitting in the sun, reading. Sailing in a light wind. I also am comforted by being on-line and reading blogs and looking at pictures and art.
7. comfort clothes? jeans and a T-shirt
8. Comfort animal? huggable kitties and puppies (I no longer have a pet other than a bird).
9. Comfort smell? My husband. Vanilla, fresh bread.
10. Comfort hairdo? braids
11. comfort place? nature, home in bed or a comfy chair (of which we have none at the moment)
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats