Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm a Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving!




You're A Prayer for Owen Meany! (I am, according to the quiz.)

by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire
faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest
this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking
moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT
SOUNDS LIKE THIS!



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


WOW! I'm impressed and excited because I really like John Irving! Also surprised. I haven't read this book--maybe I should. OK, putting it on my wish list now.


For those one or two of you who might visit me regularly, I should explain that I've been off-line since Thursday when Biker Buddy accidentally cut the internet cable with the hedge trimmers.

8 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

I'm Brave New World. I'll probably put it up on my blog too.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

How fun is THAT! I'll have to check! LOL!

bluerose said...

You definitely seem to be an inspriring person! Do you think that when you speak "IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS"?

Glad to see you back on line. Hope you weren't "jones'n" too bad ;]

BerryBird said...

Oh, you should definitely read Owen Meany. It is one of his very best.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Better than Cider House Rules? I LOVED that!

Thanks Blue Rose and Berrybird.

I do tend to have a very loud voice. I was taught to project in drama club, and I worked as a museum guide and presenter with inner city kids. A loud voice was helpful. I also laugh very loudly, cry loudly, sneeze loudly, etc.

I put Owen Meany on my Wish list. Maybe someone will get it for me for Christmas.

What's "jones'n?"

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I also have an unfortunate tendency to make pronouncements.

Anonymous said...

How fun - I'm off to take the quiz!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I wonder what book you'll be!