Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Secret of the Cupboard

The Mystery of the Cupboard The Mystery of the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Goodreads ATE MY REVIEW! I am so frustrated because I took all this time to write a nice review and Goodreads ATE it and spat out an empty window. Now I have to start all over and I have other things to do so I cannot write as thorough a review.

I liked this book very much and recommend it to anyone who likes children's literature and fantasy. It's spell-binding and enthralling.

Unfortunately, it is a sequel, and I hadn't read the previous books, and it referred back to them constantly. This got very annoying, but I guess that's not the author's fault. She probably assumed people had read the earlier books in the series.

Omri's Mom inherits a house that belonged to her Uncle Frederick, who she never knew. Turns out it previously belonged to his great great aunt who was the first to call back the little people. But her journal, which he finds as the roof is being rethatched, reveals a terrible secret or two.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

LDahl said...

I loved "Indian in the cupboard" both book and movie, my sister just got me the sequel to that book and now I hear about this one.:) Sounds a bit like "The Spiderwick Chronicles" (probably S. C. was written, inspired by this book)
Anyway will keep a look-out for this one...sounds like fun.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I haven't read the Spiderwick Chronicles, did you like them?