Sunday, June 17, 2012

Humming

Keith Sunbeam

Humming

Keith hums. He hums tunelessly much of the time. He hums while he works, while he showers, while he walks.
One time, I asked him if he was humming a particular song. I had been listening and couldn't make out a tune. He said no. He seemed puzzled by the question.
When I hum, which I do less often than I used to, I always hum a song, an earworm, usually.
I said, "I love to hear you hum, it sounds like you're happy."
"I am," he answered.
I smile when I hear him humming.
It makes me happy to hear him happy. :-D






Keith Sunbeam art by me.

3 comments:

John said...

Beautiful, happiness shared in love!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, John! :-D

I really do love to hear him happily humming as he goes about his day! :-D

Anonymous said...

Remember when you used to think I "seemed happy" & I was? :-) Good times!