Thursday, December 14, 2006

One Down and 493,529 to go

It wasn’t the first thing on my to-do list for the day. But for two weeks, we’ve been trying to get time to get the Christmas tree up. I figured if I didn't push it up to the top of the list no matter how important the other things were, Christmas would come and go without a tree.

My friends Heidi and jo(e) have been waxing rhapsodic about getting their real trees. But here in the city, they are pretty expensive and since we own a fake one, I put it up this morning, before breakfast. (Which I still haven’t had because Blogger is being turdly and eating my posts again.)

It’s up, but not “arranged” yet (Where’s Erin when I need her?) The arranging, the tree skirt, the lights, the ornaments and the gifts will all have to wait. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

BerryBird said...

Well, getting room for the tree and setting it up is a huge step. You can save the decorating for later when K & G get home. That way you can do it as a family.

I saw on someone's blog a mention of a little clay ornament you can put balsam oil in, that help make fake trees smell nice. I'll send you a link if I remember where I saw it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Yes, of course, I didn't plan on decorating it myself, but I would like to get it straightened out and get the skirt under it etc so it will be ready (and maybe the lights on).

I have some balsam spray but Keith doesn't want me to use it. LOL!

A little balsam oil ornament might be nice.

a/k/a Nadine said...

Hmn, are you sure you have that spray? Because we found one at the house here...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OH, well, then I prolly don't have it.