Thursday, December 14, 2006

One Down and 493,529 to go

It wasn’t the first thing on my to-do list for the day. But for two weeks, we’ve been trying to get time to get the Christmas tree up. I figured if I didn't push it up to the top of the list no matter how important the other things were, Christmas would come and go without a tree.

My friends Heidi and jo(e) have been waxing rhapsodic about getting their real trees. But here in the city, they are pretty expensive and since we own a fake one, I put it up this morning, before breakfast. (Which I still haven’t had because Blogger is being turdly and eating my posts again.)

It’s up, but not “arranged” yet (Where’s Erin when I need her?) The arranging, the tree skirt, the lights, the ornaments and the gifts will all have to wait. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

BerryBird said...

Well, getting room for the tree and setting it up is a huge step. You can save the decorating for later when K & G get home. That way you can do it as a family.

I saw on someone's blog a mention of a little clay ornament you can put balsam oil in, that help make fake trees smell nice. I'll send you a link if I remember where I saw it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Yes, of course, I didn't plan on decorating it myself, but I would like to get it straightened out and get the skirt under it etc so it will be ready (and maybe the lights on).

I have some balsam spray but Keith doesn't want me to use it. LOL!

A little balsam oil ornament might be nice.

Erin said...

Hmn, are you sure you have that spray? Because we found one at the house here...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OH, well, then I prolly don't have it.