Thursday, December 21, 2006

Things I like that start with C (NOT!)

As seen at jo(e)’s blog, and several other places.

Curmudgeon. Why do I have to be difficult? I’m supposed to write things I like. I don’t like curmudgeons and I don’t want to be one, but sometimes Christmas makes me into one. Actually, I seem to be somewhat attracted to curmudgeonly men. I married one, after all. LOL!

Cantankerous: No, I don’t love being cantankerous, but I don’t seem to be able to help myself!

Christmas. I don’t like Christmas either. That’s because I’m a curmudgeon. Maybe I will like it on the actual day. Or when it’s over.

Cake. I like cake, but I can’t eat it. Most cake has milk in it. I’m allergic to milk.

Coffee. I LOVE coffee. But I can’t drink it. I’m allergic to coffee.

Chocolate. I LOVE chocolate. But I can’t eat it. I’m allergic to chocolate.

Candy. I LOVE candy. But I can’t eat it. I’m allergic to candy. Maybe not being able to eat many of the things I love contributes to my curmudgeonliness.

Caring. I love caring for people and being cared for by them.

Coping: I love being able to cope. Wish I could.

Careless. I hate being careless. I want to be careful.

Creativity: I LOVE being creative, doing creative work like poetry, writing, art and photography.

Concrastination. I love the IDEA of it, but with ADHD, it’s very difficult. Concrastination is NOT procrastinating, which is what I am doing right now, procrastinating getting down to work. In order to concrastinate, I need to commit to doing my work, NOW. “Crastinus” means tomorrow. (So what’s today? We need a word that is protoday—protodation? Prohodie? Prohodiation? (Hodie being today in Latin.) AK, here I go again!

But I’d rather be for today than against tomorrow!


OK, in the unlikely chance that this is the first place you’ve seen this meme and want to participate, count the number of letters in your name down this message and then that same number across that line and use that letter. Or pick one you like—who’d know? Or the first letter from the word verification screen.

No comments: