Sunday, January 04, 2009

More Creative Every Day

I love it when I learn to do something new. And today I am really
happy because I discovered all by myself how to make multiple colored
brush strokes in photoshop. So far, I have been making flowers. Then
fooling around in photoshop to make them into a digital painting that
pleases me. This is my most recent one. I have made a number of
them. I deleted some of them, not becasue they were necessarily bad
or anything, but because I was just playing, learning a new technique.
Fun. I think I may, if I have time, explain how at Half-formed. I
am not sure if this technique will be useful for anything else, but it
is fun to play with.

9 comments:

Leah said...

It looks like fun too!! Brava!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Leah! :-D

Snap said...

I love this. Learning something about photo shop elements is on my list for this year. You may *push* me over!

Genie Sea said...

The colors POPPED from the page as soon as it loaded and I went... AHHHH! Marvelous! :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much Snap and Genie! :-D

Steve Emery said...

Cool! I like the technique - it looks like a lot of fun. I have been tempted a couple of times to invest in digital equip - for painting and drawing on the PC. Not sure I'm ready - and I love making marks on real paper so much...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sometimes I think I am stupid to go digital. I buy something and play with it and like it and then I think, why not just paint on paper (now that I've invested all this money). DUH!

It's easy to get sucked it. There's no original, it's all prints. FUN though. Interesting, and different.

cherry girl said...

Weel done! I've had Photoshop elements on my PC for about a year and I haven't even started trying to draw with it yet! It's definitely something I want to work on in the future myself.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Cherry Girl, it's fun and rewarding and always an adventure--if frustrating, sometimes. If you do any, let me know and I'll come see.