Friday, March 13, 2009

The Kite Runner, finished

The Kite Runner The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I finished this book and I loved it. It was very sad, but well-writtin and engaging.



The protagonist did something terrible, he betrayed a friend, a friend who had always been faithful to him, and who turned out to be more than a friend. He is given a chance to redeem himself more than once. At first, he fails. His struggle is heart wrenching, as are the results of the wars raging in Afghanistan.



This book is similar in a number of ways to The Book Thief, which I just read. I liked them both, but they are both VERY sad. And happy, and touching. I recommend it/them heartily.



Meanwhile, I am also still reading I, Claudius, The Mind of the Raven, The Probable Future, The Sunflower and a number of other books. I read some of the mind of the raven last night when I was up unable to sleep.


View all my reviews.

No comments: