Friday, March 20, 2009

The Probable Future, finished

The Probable Future (Ballantine Reader's Circle) The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just finished this book in a shower of tears, which were also evident elsewhere in the book. I liked it very much and will probably reread it, though not immediately, as I am currently still rereading Alice Hoffman's The Third Angel.

This book is primarily about three generations of women in the Sparrow family, but it actually goes back to 1682, many generations of Sparrow women, each with a special gift. Murders occur, including a current one, betrayals, love affairs. There are people who are honest and kind and those who are not, but each person is treated humanely and fairly. It's a book of relationships, of hurts and forgiveness. It is interesting, engaging. For me, it was another page turner, with lots of sadness and tears and lots of redemption.

I read most of the book during multiple doctor appointments, MRIs, mammograms, etc, so I feel as if I need to reread it because of the interruptions. I think there may be a few loose ends, but it may just be because I am failing mentally or because of the way I read it.

View all my reviews.

No comments: