Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two New Books on my Currently Reading Shelf

The River King The River King by Alice Hoffman


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I started the River King last night for the second time--last time I didn't get to far before I set it down and abandoned it. I'm trying it again because I loved the last two Alice Hoffman books I read, The Probably Future, and The Third Angel. But so far, I'm not liking it much better than I did last time--I'm going to stick with it a little longer I hope, and see if it improves.


View all my reviews.

The Nick Adams Stories The Nick Adams Stories by Ernest Hemingway


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I also started The Nick Adams Stories, by Ernest Hemingway, which I am enjoying much more, though it took me a while to get into them, they are a little strange and different. Very detailed about every move people make and low key. But interesting! Will report back when I finish them. I will finish them, God willing and the creeks don't rise.


View all my reviews.

No comments: