Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Brimstone by Douglas Preston

Brimstone (Pendergast, #5/Diogenes, #1) Brimstone by Douglas Preston


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
My latest read and I've started another book by Douglas Preston, Brimstone--one thing I have to say, they start quickly. No waiting for the book to get good, no wading through page after page of dull introductory stuff--these are good within the first few words--if you happen to like gruesome murders. I don't. I do like the writing and the sense of not truth of the fact that these guys know a lot or manage to make it seem like they do. I like Pendergast because he's cool and nice and not a jerk like so many cops seem to be, male and female, in crime novels. I'm not intentionally on a crime novel kick, it's not my favorite genre, but these are good ones. Engaging, fast, puzzling, thought=-provoking, highly interesting. In Brimstone, one man, and then another, and then--well you get the drift, are found dead, burned from the inside out. Ghastly. How was it done--and why?

View all my reviews >>

No comments: