Friday, September 04, 2009

Finished two new books today

Last Known Address Last Known Address by Theresa Schwegel


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Serial Rape. Detective Sloane Pearson investigates a series of rapes in Chicago against overwhelming odds, Everything that could go wrong does, in her work and personal life. At first, no one is killed. Then, a murder. Might she be the next victim? This is a page turner, but the main character is not very likable. By the time the book ends, you see why she is the way she is--but--that doesn't make you like her much more. Still was a reasonably good read. Npt my favorite kind of book.


The Sterkarm Handshake The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Whenever I go to the Library, in addition to taking out four books to read, I also look at the books that have been released from circulation. Hardcover books re one dollar. Not bad, if they are something I might enjoy. I bought this one becasue of the title, cover and description. It sounded intriguing, and I liked it very much. It got off to a bit of a slow start but soon turned into a page -turner and was very tense. There were impossible dilemmas. Andrea, an anthropologist, has gone through a time tube and is living with 16th century raiders in the mountains between England and Scotland. When he 16th century lover is mortally wounded, he takes him back to the 20th century to be healed and the trouble that results is terrifying. There is a reasonable resolution, but it is not for the faint of heart. Excellent reading.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good choices!!!

have a great weekend!

shraddha

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, you too!