Monday, October 05, 2009

The Wheel of Darkness by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

The Wheel of Darkness (Pendergast, #8) The Wheel of Darkness by Douglas Preston


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The Wheel of Darkness, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child have written another exciting, spellbinding and upsetting book, one that I didn't want to put down from the beginning to the end. It was interesting engaging. Special agent Pendergast of the FBI and his ward, Constance Green are weary of the world after their last upsetting adventures, and go to a Tibetan Monastery to be healed. But someone has stolen the dangerous Agogen which could destroy the world, and the monks ask Pendergast to retrieve it. A simple assignment, it seems, until the thief is murdered and additional strange bizarre murders begin to occur about the maiden voyage of the huge cruise ship Britannica. I enjoyed the book, and was very interested in the meditative practices, but I was deeply saddened by a change that occurred in this book from all previous books. In every other book, I coudl trust two things: that at least Pendergast would survive and that whatever bizarre happening was occurring, their would be a logical explanation for it in the end. However, I began to suspect that that would not be the case in this book, and, disappointingly, I was correct. This means I can never trust them again to not go off the deep end.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

April Belle said...

I'm sorry this was a disappointment, Mary! It's a bummer when a good series lets you down.

It sounds like a fantastic premise too... Curious now, I'm going to hop over to Amazon and check it out!