Friday, September 21, 2007

Bawling my Eyes out


I'm trying NOT to read, even though reading is a favorite activity of mine and important to me as a writer. I'm trying not to read because I have too much else to do that is pressing DOWN HARD on me. But I do allow myself to read this book a little at each meal I eat alone. And today's chapter (which has taken several days to read) made me cry my eyes out. I cry over happy stuff as much as sad. This was the chapter about Barbara's 50th birthday. I love all Barbara Kingsolver's books!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

I was in the middle of reading Three Women when the semester started. I can't even remember where I put the book since I never have time for recreational reading now. I hope I can still get back into it at some point; maybe over winter break?!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

AK! How sad.

We were in the middle of some books we never finished--I HATE that!

Wahn.