Thursday, September 27, 2007

Making Art?




Last night, I was up late messing with my computer, doing some lengthy uninstalls of some programs I had just installed and if you're wondering why I haven't been commenting lately, I'm having computer issues. While the late-night slow-mo uninstall was going on, I drew and painted this picture (see top) with watercolor pencils and water color paints. The top scan is prolly a little lighter than the orginal painting (which was actually done on real paper, not on the computer), the second one I tried to adjust a little on the computer and the third one, I added crabs. Why crabs, you might ask? Well, this is a painting or drawing (?) titled "The News." It's for Monday Artday's weekly theme, which this week is cancer. The girl in the picture has just learned she has a tumor. The crabs are a sort of play on words (Cancer the Crab), but make a sort of good symbol of this invasivre thing. (Nothing against real crabs, of course).

I'm not very experienced with watercolor pencils, and not that great an artist, either. So these aren't that great. To see the final piece, which I further manipulated digitally, visit Monday Artday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: