Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crossing the Fractal Moon

Crossing the Fractal Moon, by Mary Stebbins Taitt. This is my
Creative Every Day post #1. I joined last night, and I did this piece
last night, but was unable to post it. SO it is actually for
yesterday. This is a DETAIL or crop from the full picture, which you
can see here, along with a description of how I made it.

Often my creativity is sparked by an outside influence, in this case,
the original fractal flame, made on Apophysis. I liked it and wanted
to use it but had no idea what I wanted to do with it until I was
fooling around and added the circle. I had been thinking "abstract"
but the circle became a moon so I added the goose and the reeds. It
may be a tired or clicheed idea, but I think the execution of it is
fresh and creative.

2 comments:

Leah said...

This is beautiful, Mary!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Leah! :-D

My internet went down so I couldn't add the link to the actual picture--this is a detail from it.

I also couldn't post yesterday's pictures.