Thursday, January 18, 2007

The miraculous Dressing

I'm finally dressed, YAY!  I'm clean from the shower and my hair is freshly braided.  I've had breakfast and done my fibromyalgia exercises.

Under normal circumstances, that may not seem like a miracle, but since my mother died, I've been so busy I haven't been able to do simple things I need to do to care for myself.  So I am happy for a moment, happy to be clean and dressed and fed.  I'm alone in the house, and that is not all I've done.

  • I called the social security administration to let them know Mom was dead.  They want me to notify that bank to return any checks that get sent after now, in error.
  • I talked to Jim at Maurer funeral home about the return of the cremains and other issues, like renting a room there for a memorial service if that's what we want to do.  Yes, we can.  Or we might want to do it at a church where they have a place for a meal.  He said, among other things.
  • I notified more people.  Still more to go.
No matter how many things I do, the list seems to keep getting longer rather than shorter.  I guess I'll just keep plugging away at it and I appreciate any help.  Thanks for the sample obits.  I still have to write an obituary, contact the pension people, call her brother, etc etc etc.  SO far, I haven't had much time to Grieve!

No comments: