Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day for the Environment: We hold the earth in our hands

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day


Today is Blog action day for the Environment.

The earth is in our hands, and as individuals, families, communities, states, nations and the world, we need to make wise choices--and are often failing to do so. The current administration is allowing the environment to take second place to big business. These choices could cost us our lives and/or the lives of our children, grandchildren or great grand children. We need to act now to save the world. Write your president, congresspeople. Write your state and community representatives. Driver smaller cars. Throw out less trash--buy less trash. Avoid conspicuous consumption, buy what you truly need. Live simply so that others might simply live. Consider the alternative. If each of us makes small and large changes in our lives and encourages our communities and nations to do the same, we CAN make a difference! Now, before it's too late!

Nadine sent this, too.

I would like to say, without tooting my own horn too much, that I have worked in the environmental field most of my life, as a naturalist and environmental educator. I feel that my work teaching others about the environment is crucial work, because no one can save the world alone, we have to do it together, and for that to happen, we have to know, understand and care.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

BerryBird said...

Hmm. I have been thinking of doing this. I guess I better hurry--not much time left.

BerryBird said...

OK, I am back to report that I have fulfilled my duty and written a post. And to say that I like the image of Biker Buddy and the earth. Cheers!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Berrybird! :-D I'm glad to have a visitor on Blog action Day, I was afraid no one would come!

bluerose said...

Somehow I missed this. Maybe I'll post something anyway, even though it's late.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I say every day is earth day.

Get signed up because they are going to do it again next year.