Monday, June 23, 2008

The Weather in Detroit

We went to the Zoo yesterday. We went with two of our adult children, Soldier Boy (who is home between assignments, just newly arrived from Baghdad), Sewing Girl (Soldier Boy's wife), and our Grandchildren, Soccer Girl, Hawthorne and Gandbaby (Baby Loren).

They were threatening thunderstorms, but luckily, it was sunny and pleasant almost the entire day. We were there six hours! It clouded up and threatened rain, but the rain held off until we were safely home and even waited for us to BBQ! Then it beat down the flowers again.

I went out to eat my breakfast in the sunshine and sat down under a clean blue sky in the brillinat sun. I had taken 3 bites when I heard thunder. I turned and looked behand me and back clouds had covered half the sky.

More zoo pix here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have a banana for breakfast? Great photo :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love bananas, but I'm afraid to eat them because they are on the no-no list for fibro-myalgics.

That's not me, it's my brother! :-D