Thursday, June 26, 2008
As a 1930s wife, I am
For some reason, I did significantly better than I expected and I tried to be honest. Of course, if I wore hose, my seems might not be straight. Let me know how you did! LOL!
I will be away for much of the next month. I will be in Syracuse NY through the 2nd and from the 8th-20th, I will be camping in the U.P. (Michigan's Upper Peninsula), and I will be totally incommunicado during the period (no internet access, blogging etc.)
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
had to submit a picture for the freshman directory. Lots of kids used
their high school picture, but mine was taken almost a year earlier,
when my hair was short(er). But this picture of me looking up toward
. . . what, salvation? . . . is pretty doofy-looking!!!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Before we leave for NY, I want to plant the tall yellow marigolds I recently purchased but haven't had time to plant.
Late Breaking news: I got all the yellow and orange tall marigolds planted in pots and in the gardens.
Monday, June 23, 2008
They were threatening thunderstorms, but luckily, it was sunny and pleasant almost the entire day. We were there six hours! It clouded up and threatened rain, but the rain held off until we were safely home and even waited for us to BBQ! Then it beat down the flowers again.
I went out to eat my breakfast in the sunshine and sat down under a clean blue sky in the brillinat sun. I had taken 3 bites when I heard thunder. I turned and looked behand me and back clouds had covered half the sky.
More zoo pix here.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
To-do, PB, June 19, 2008
do not leave the house or use your computer until you have done the following things:
- clean the birdcage, including cleaning the water dish, getting rid of all the old papers, shaking the seeds out of the pan and wiping with a paper towel, dampened, cleaning the mirrors, vacuuming the seeds, replacing the plant etc. do it correctly.
- clean your room!!
- put hamper in closet and clear a path to hamper
- pick up dirty clothes and put in hamper
- clear a path to your bed
- neaten/clean your room
- return all dishes and silverware to kitchen
- recycle all old papers and notes appropriately
- DO YOUR PRACTICING, you missed yesterday
- run through all your recital pieces
- spend a little time working on the new pieces.
DO NOT VISIT FRIENDS or USE YOU computer or IPOD until you have returned that textbook to school!!!!!
You are in danger of losing privileges! FIRST WARNING!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
and I am loving looking at all the great, fun, delicate, wonderful
work in it. So nice to see the real work, which is always better than
the scans or photos. I have begun my first piece in it. It has a lot
of dots -- so many that I got a blister! Literally!! On my fingers
from making dots!!! Ouch! (I am not as cute at 62 as an earlier
arrival photo, LOL!)
Friday, June 13, 2008
These images are some of the hand-painted cards I made for Mrs. Lindow as a gift in thanks for her kindness. (They didn't scan well, not that they were that great to begin with.)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
1. Do you like Blue Cheese? Absolutely! (but I'm allergic to it! WAHN!)
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No! But I have various other things. Corn silk. Grass. 1/22nd of a cigarette once. (GAK!)
3. Do you own a gun? No, but BB and PB have several! GAK! :-(
4. What flavor do you add to your drink? Lemon with water. Chocolate with coffee or milk, which I can't do any more because I am allergic to both chocolate and coffee--and milk.
5. Do you get nervous before going to the doctor? Yes! It will be good or bad; either way I will deal with it. After I cry a lot, I am more curious that nervous. I do like to watch when I have have surgery. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
I'm not tagging anyone but let me know if you do these, out of curiosity.
Lane at Grad Maxim," I did at PB's graduation last night during the
interminable speeches that I couldn't hear. (He was graduating from
8th grade.) The first I did later last night while BB was away
getting ML's frozen food--her power has been off 2 days because of the
bad storms we've been having. The other is just doodles.
Monday, June 09, 2008
ratio is wrong so I will have to redo it. I think I will add more
palms to the right? (?)
This is done on 9 x 12 watercolor paper and I was going to paint over
the ink with black gouache, but I may just start over. I did it all
with a very fine point sharpy. I did it in the car on the freeway and
off the free way and there were lots of bumps.
Saturday, June 07, 2008
hope I can keep them not aonly alive but healthy. I haven't had that
great luck in the past with African Violets. But she is coaching me.
I set them in a pot of water for an hour twice a week, then drain
them. Keep them in an east or west window where they get at least
some sun. I hope to report back later that they are still doing well.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
a foot which I will probably send to locks of love. However, I am
unemployed and they no longer provide mailing labels, so I may not.
One of these brais is from today and the other was cut when I was 14 years old.
Monday, June 02, 2008
I also received from my daughters Last Child in the Woods*, by Richard Louv, The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Micahel Pollam, and the Wild Braid, by Stanley Kunitz. Thank you VERY MUCH! :-D
From my husband, I received: an 8 gig "extreme" card for my camera, a viewer (which you can see here, if interested), and a new Singer sewing machine so I can put larger pockets in my jeans to nerdily carry more gear.What do the gifts that one receives say about them? :-D
*View a rant poem that refers to this book here, if interested.
PS: I haven't had time to post all the links yet, so if interested in them, come back later. I have some work I have to do FIRST.