Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My 15 Books

My 15 Books—I cheated and used authors instead of books, and only the ones the popped quickly to mind which means recent reads and old favorites.

1. Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Cree, Teaching a Stone to Talk, etc
2. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, etc
3. Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum, etc
4. Arthur Ransome, Swallows and Amazons, etc
5. Amy Tan, Saving Fish From Drowning, etc
6. Ann McCaffrey, Dragonsong etc
7. Joan D Vinge, The Snow Queen, Psion, etc
8. Alice Hoffman, The Probable Future etc
9. Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
10. Patrick Lawler, Reading a Burning Book, A Drowning Man is Never, etc
11. Linda Pennisi, Suddenly Fruit etc
12. Barabara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible, The Prodigal Summer, etc
13. Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan etc*
14. LL Montgomery, Emily of New Moon, Ann of Green Gables etc.
15. Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

*Yes, I know it's "fake," consider it as fiction.

This is supposed to be a meme, but I'm not taking anyone-it took longer than I expected or wanted, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If you WANT to play along, that would be fun, but not required or expected.

OH, and also, note: they are not in any order other than how they popped to mind.

No comments: