Sunday, March 04, 2007

Reading Report

I finished Annie Dillard's The Writing Life and really enjoyed it. The writing truly is "full of joy" and magnificent. The language is poetic and inspiring. There are striking and unusual anecdotes to give one courage in one's artistic endeavors.

This is not the one I read, this is the one I put on my wish list. The one I read is a little prettier than this. My friend Gail lent it to me and I will be returning her copy and putting it on my low priority wish list to add to my library and read again later. (Low priority only in that I just read it, so I won't need to reread it again for a while.) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Always nice to have a new book to add to my own wish list. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's a little thin book, but I loved it. It's a little strange, if you're familiar with her work and like it, you'll love this.