Monday, March 12, 2007

Where I've been



create your own personalized map of the USA



create your own visited country map

Of course both of these maps are misleading in a way. I've visited or driven through and seen parts of every state in the continguous continental USA, but in some cases, like Georgia and Arkansas, I've only driven through a small corner of the state. So if I made a more realistic map, it would show lines so thin you could not (or barely) perceive them through most states but big areas in a few.

And I have been in the USA, Canada, Mexico and Slovenia, but the World map lights up Alaska and Hawaii and huge parts of Canada and Mexico, whereas I habe actually only been in fairly small areas of each. But it does represent that states and countries I've been to. :-)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is a fabulous map!! I think I am going to have to try that out. Thanks again for sharing, Mary.

BerryBird said...

I had no idea you'd been through the entire lower 48! That's quite a feat, even if you just passed through. I bet you've got some crazy road trip stories to share...

hpy said...

I have never been where you have been even though I have been in more countries than you.... as children say.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much Nicole, Berry Bird and Happy for your visit and kind comments.

I do have some wild road trip stories, Berry Bird, and maybe I will share some. Like six of us driving to California in a VW beetle, taking tuns riding in the back window, my getting stopped for driving over 90 in a 30 and getting only a warning from the cop. Those were the bad old days, LOL!

I wish I could go to some of the places you've been, Happy! :-D