Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Unfinished painting

I started this painting yesterday morning (after a sleepless night! [terrible insomnia!]). I worked on it briefly in the morning and then for a while in the evening. This is as far as I got last night--it's not done yet. Every time I paint a picture with real paint, I live in constant fear of ruining it--it's not like painting in Photoshop where there's an undo button if you make a mistake. So before I start working on it again, I thought I'd take a picture of it. LOL! So here it is, in all its unfinished glory. (You can stop laughing now!)

It's hopefully GOING to be poppies and bachelor buttons (cornflowers) in a brown ceramic vase in an Italian window in a stuccoed building. If I don't ruin it in progress.

By the way, this is what I was doing instead of checking my email or commenting on blogs last night.

3 comments:

Michael Serafin-St. John said...

Mary, yuou don't always listen to me, but in this case I surely hope you do. This work is WONDERFUL as it IS. I know you like to tinker, but in this case you have achieved a Van Gogh-like honesty and power that should remain as you present it here!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thank you Mike for your very kind words. I really appreciate your enthusiasm for my work. Dunno though if I will take your advice or not. In double or nothing, SD has decided to risk everything and go for double.

We'll see. No time to work right now, but when I have time, I will consider your words.

Coffeypot said...

It looks done to me, but then a white wall looks done to me, too. It is pretty, though. Much prettier than a white wall.