Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Get Zapped: Six Weird things Meme

I got tagged by Hpy to do a Six-Weird-things-about-me Meme. She was tagged by Cergie (the English translation is lower down) who was tagged by Linda etc. So now it's my turn.

I've been tagged by Get Zapped

RULES: People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Six weird things about me:

1)I hate television. I know I said that in another recent meme, but it seems weird these days because everyone is always asking, did you see this program or that program. No I didn't, and most of the time, I don't even know what they are talking about because I've never seen them. We don't have a TV in the house except in Graham's room. I also said I dislike ice water, so I am adding that here since I recently said it so it doesn't get it's own new number. They always serve ice water at restaurants, so one would imagine most people like it. I also dislike junk food and fast food restaurants, which certainly seem popular.

2)I like to work--at least on the work that engages me. I like working on my novels, my art, my photography and I used to like working with the children at Martin Luther King School. I liked working at Second Home Nature Center.

3)I don't like watermelon. Everyone seems to like watermelon except me. I also don't like any other melons. Or cucumbers. (Cergie--I do like Valentine's Day, but I agree with you it should be every day!) I never liked hot dogs as a kid, or peanut butter and jelly, or any of the things they tend to give kids. I DO LIKE LIVER and SPINACH and rye with caraway seeds things lots of people don't like. This is not intentionally to be perverse, it's just what I really like. I don't like wine. I like to drink water.

4)I don't like perfume. In fact, I don't like receiving as a gift the most common things given to women on valentine's day or any other other holiday: candy, perfume, flowers, jewelry. None of those, please.

5)I like weird people who dispense hugs in public. LOL! I was at a big event where a man was dispensing hugs and people were avoiding him. I rushed right up to collect a hug! I like weird people in general. Weird people seem to be attracted to me, too. They pick me out in a crowd to talk to.

6)I am not afraid, or least, not very afraid of public speaking. I read that that was one of people's most common fears. I enjoy it, as long as I have time to prepare and am talking about something I know something about. On the other hand, I hate social events and parties, especially if there are lots of strangers--I am not good at all at making small talk.

OK, I tag: Berry Bird, Nadine, jo(e), Nicole, Bearuh, and Turtlebella. If you've already done one, how about 6 NEW weird things? It seems to me that after a while, everyone will have done it and there'll be no one left to tag. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

hpy said...

I'm so hpy you did it!

jo(e) said...

Well, the only one of these that seems weird to me is number three. I love watermelon!

Nicole said...

I did do a weird things meme, but I am sure I can come up with 6 more. Give me about a week, and I'll come through.

Not like watermelon? So sad.
I love spinach too! But liver is definitely out. Any organ that is responsible for detoxifying will not appear on my plate. At least you get plenty of iron in your diet with liver though.
I am a hugger too.

Bearuh said...

HAHAHA I love this.. that is so funny about the hugger guy.. one time in highschool Me and my friend were sitting eating lunch.. we saw a guy walk by that had a shirt on that said"bite me". so you know what my friend did? ran up.. bit the dude.. and came back and sat down. HAHAHAHHAHA I could not believe it. The guy did not say one single word.. he just kept on walking.

Bearuh said...

THANKS FOR TAGGING ME!!! I will definetly illustrate it.. that is such a good idea.. i think everyone should illustrate it from now on if they can! Actually I am so excited to do it that I do not want to do my work(suppose to be doin right now)! So i better go and do my work heehee! I will also get back to you later with links to those favorite illustrators. see ya!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks hpy (HAPPY), jo(e), Nicole and Bearuh! I love liver--BUT--I don't eat much of it because it's not healthy to do so. It's weird that I like it, I guess. The weird thing is, the weird things about me don't seem weird to me--only to other people--I sort of have to guess at them.

Bearuh, I think it's GREAT that you're going to illustrate them and I can't wait to see what you come up with! COOL BEANS!

Of course I'm not at all sad about not liking watermelon, since it tastes so wretched to me. What I'm sad about is not being able to eat pizza, ice cream, lasagna, chocoalte coffee and things that DO taste good to me. Many things I'm allergic to are my favorite foods.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I would have liked to have been a fly on the telephone pole for that bite me guy, Bearuh! LOL! :-D)))

BerryBird said...

OK, I'll try. It might take me a week, too. I haven't quite figured out yet how people work and blog both. I guess some people actually blog at work, but I can't do that. I suppose I'll figure it out someday, get a better routine or something.

You're definitely a weirdo about the melons!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I'm certainly NOT in a rush.

Take your time!

You have a LOT on your plate with your new job and that wretched weather Berrybird.