Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back from Voting

I'm back from voting, after studying up on the issues.  There was one I missed studying, a town proposition.  I never saw anything about it in the paper and the printing was so tiny I could barely read it, so I hope I made an appropriate choice.

When I was leaving, a man, well-dressed arrived and struggled to unload an unfold a wheelchir and roll himself in to vote.  So much more work than what I have to do.  It made me angry to think of all the people who don't bother to vote, but spend a lot of time complaining, when there are so many people who struggle to vote or can't vote and want to.

I've never missed an election since I was old enough to vote.  I admit there are times when I've been less well-informed than I'd like, but I make the attempt.  I wish we lived in a democracy, but this is the next best thing.  Please vote!  I know you will or already did.

--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments: