Monday, November 21, 2005

leftovers

Yesterday, for lunch, I made the first batch of turkey soup from the Thanksgiving Carcass.  I served it with leftover apple-cranberry pie and leftover pumpkin pie.  It was delcious!  Today, I am alone.  I am having leftover stuffing with leftover giblet gravy and pumpkin pie for lunch.  There's one small piece left and that will be the end of the pie.  (Still lots of stuffing, since Keith doesn't like it).  The stuffing as all full of yummy vegetables:  mushrooms, celery, onions, red peppers, garlic, fresh basil, fresh celery.  Mmmm!  It seems a little odd to be eating Thanksgiving leftovers before Thanksgiving, be we celebrated our first Thanksgiving  in CNY on Saturday.  I sort of wish I'd taken some potaoes and squash to go with the other leftovers--I would have gladly traded, but I was so full at the time it didn't seem possible to ever eat again.  LOL!

If I make it to Detroit on time, there'll be another Thanksgiving there.

--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments: