Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bear Block

I'm getting fewer emails and fewer comments on my blogs. I think people are busy with the holidays and their lives, and also that the internet may be tarnishing a little. Or, nobody loves me any more,. Maybe that's it.

I've sure been busy. I've created a pattern, transferred the pattern to a black and carved this block which I hope to be part of my Christmas card. What--I'm not happy with the painting I made? (I am.) Why do I need to do a block print TOO? Sigh. I'm crazy, I guess. I made them for years, first with my friend Rebecca (Becky then) and then with my friend Judy, who has also passed, and then with Heidi (who moved away). It's more fun to do it with other people. I have no real friends in Auto City! Wahn.

I haven't printed this yet. Have search boxes for my old ink or drive out and get new ink.

Hope you're enjoying your holiday season and doing fun things with friends and family.

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

You don't need friends for this stuff. Open a little art shop and teach this to us untalented oafs, and make a little money doing it. Of course I do not have the patience to do something like this. I would end up stabbing someone in the back with a number 3, fine point brush for messing up a paisley drawing. But you could fulfill your need for art and talk to someone while you are doing it.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Coffeypot!

I was thinking of buying the old abandoned house down the street and making it into a gallery, studio, and have classes and poetry readings. Yeah right. Dream on.

Coffeypot said...

Dream on, indeed. I say go for it. Anyone can sit and think about ideas. Be proactive and make it happen. If it doesn’t work out, okay. At least you tried. And you learned something that will make the next venture work.

What do they paint in Detroit, old rusted cars that didn’t make it off the assembly line before they closed? Tires? Seat covers? What DO people in Detroit do now?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I think about it every time I walk by there. It's close, close enough to walk to. Maybe I will at least look into it and see if I can find out who owns it. I can't buy it if it's not for sale, but maybe they will sell. Or maybe I can buy it for back taxes or something.

Have to check into the zoning laws, too.

But nearly next door is a landscaping business, so if they can do it, maybe I can too.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

The Abandoned House