Monday, November 19, 2007

S is for Sun

Remember that meme I started working on with the letters of the alphabet? If you don't, I don't blame you; it was a while back. I was working backwards and got stuck on X and then I was traveling to Hamilton and NY and never got back to it. I decided to do it out of order--on a whim. By my delight. AND if I complete it, I am going to make a little book out of it for my grandchildren. So some of the pictures will have them in it. Here's the first of the new series. I
want them to be "works of art" so to speak, since I want to make a little book out of them.

OH, for the meme, I was supposed to say things I liked and I do like sunshine and sunflowers. Especially in the cooler weather (the sunshine, that is.) It's warming and cheery and pleasing. I love the cheery sunshine and the cheery sunflowers and I love the way the sunflowers follow the sun. And I love the spiral design made by the seeds in the center of the seedhead. As always, click image to view larger.

I also decided not to necessarily confine the book to one page per letter. Here is S is for Squirrel.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Beautiful picture, Mary, as usual. My favorite S word is the one you can do with someone else, by yourself or with a group of people. Yep! You guessed it. SLEEP!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, Coffeypot. If you send a picture of yourself snoring, I will include it in the book for the kids under S is for SLEEP! LOL!

Or maybe one of Biker Buddy. Sleeping is one of his favorite pastimes, up there with beer and coffee.