Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast

Yesterday we had our family Thanksgiving at Daughter 1's house.  Daughter 2 was there too, and daughter 1's partner.  And Biker Buddy.  We made the whole traditional meal:  Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, cranberry sauce, cranberry bread, various wines, beers and sparkling grape, two kinds of apple pies and pumpkin pie.  We cooked all day and were so busy I didn't take a single picture.  This morning, it's pumpkin pie for breakfast.  Why not?  Eggs, pumpkin, rice-milk, sugar, flour.  Mmmm.  Delicious.

3 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

I would be happy with apple pie for breakfast.

Coffeypot said...

Can't do pumpkin! Yuck!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Hmmm, I have an extra you could have. And one piece left of the one I took home. Gonna make more this week. Another thanksgiving coming up.

They are relatively easy to make--you can buy premade piecrusts in both the freezer and refrigerator sections. Peel and cut the apples, add 3/4 cup sugar and some cinnamon, nutmeg, etc, a dab of butter a spoon of flour (optional) and back at 350-400 for about 45 until done.

Hope you get some on Thursday.

I love pumpkin pie, especially my own homemade pumpkin pie. But I know lots of people don't. (MMMMmmm).