Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stupid distractions

I have ADHD and cannot seem to concentrate on doing what I need to do
no matter what. I'll be working away and have an idea and I go off
on a tangent. If something didn't bring me back to earth I might be
lost out there in la la land forever.

A while ago, while visiting, I made a little clay face. I
photographed it and then later, I gave my cloy face a forehead--as he
didn't have one. Today, I gave him eyes and dorked around with his
beard. Did I need to be doing that? Absolutely NOT! Aiee. OK, off
to the store, we have nothing for dinner! And I need to get sandwich
meat to eat in the car tomorrow. Long Drive! Bye now.

I'll be gone til Monday, may not be able to get on-line.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

What's with the lips? I think I know her.

Coffeypot said...

Have a great weekend, too.

a/k/a Nadine said...

I've been meaning to tell you about the netsuke art form we learned about in class a couple weeks ago. It was really cool and small. I immediately thought of you and pictured you playing with it at night when you can't sleep.

This face/head totally reminded me. Google it or I'll show/tell you more about it soon.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks Coffeypot and Nadine! LOL! This guy is very tiny and made out of clay. Making fine lips is hard! LOL! I wonder if carving them would be easier. SMOOCH!

I did look up and read briefly and look at examples of netsuke art. Very interesting. I love some of them--the frogs for example. And the little ones that looked like ivory scenes.