Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Melancholy Season

November is deeply beautiful in a melancholy way. I love the fall
colors, even the fading ones, and the newly bared trees. They are so
beautiful it makes my heart hurt.

I took these in Hamilton. Now we are home, but leaving Thursday
morning for upstate New York to attend an opening at Westcott Gallery
that contains six of my paintings. While we are there, we will
celebrate a sort of thanksgiving and visit with various family
members, friends and bloggers. We'll be back again next Monday.

Click images to view a little larger.

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. Cool nights, beautiful colors, football, open fires in the fireplace, sex and plenty of it. At least that's what I use to like. The colors are still there, anyways.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love fall--it's my favorite season too--I love the colors. But late fall--which we have here now--is very melancholy. Still lovely. And yeah, great for cuddling--etc! :-D

Overeducated Twit said...

Drive-by comment here... lovely pictures. Autumn is my favorite season exactly because it seems so melancholy sometimes.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Hey, thanks for stopping in, Twit!

I LOVE fall, and I love the sort of melancholy feeling it gives me. :-D

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OH, and thanks--for the nice comment.