Thursday, November 29, 2007

Multitasking with ADHD

I decide to make some quick whole grain pancakes for lunch, but the rice milk was still on the table from breakfast (DOH!), so I went to get it but when got there I saw the laptop remembered that I had promised SC I would send him something so I started quick to do that, but the power went out and destroyed what I was writing and turned off the wireless upstairs so the internet wouldn't work so I ran up turn it back on and there was billows of smoke up there--YIKES!  I had turned the burner on to heat for my pancakes!  I had to run down and start all over.  This reminds me of a forward that was supposed to be funny only sadly, it was real.  YIKES!

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Be there - done that - more times than I like to talk about. Talk about what? Huh? Who are you? Why are you in my computer? SECURITY?!!!?

Oh, yeah! Rice milk! How do you milk a grain of rice and how do you know which one to milk?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I had an attack of asthma last night that was really bad and was up half the night. That always makes me stupid. Argh!

I have to drink rice milk because I'm allergic to cow's and goat's milk. It's really hard milking those tiny grains!

BerryBird said...

Oh, dear. That's a lot of frantic galloping up and down stairs. Did your pancakes turn out OK eventually?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

The computer upstairs went down with the power--the laptop of course did not--and then wouldn't come back on right away. GAK.

A lot of galloping but the final pancakes were fine if slightly scorched by an overly hot pan.