Monday, January 14, 2008

Booklist 2008

Monday January 14, 2008

I used to read a LOT, but lately, I haven't been reading that much. I am reading The Sun regularly, and other magazines, but that doesn't count as reading BOOKS. Just finally finished the first one of 2008. I am also reading how-to books for my new Mac and for Photoshop, but they are not the kinds of books I generally read cover-to-cover, so I can't list them as "read" in my booklist.

  1. The Dolphins of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey. 3.5/5 This was not her best book ever and had some serious flaws, in my opinion, but we still enjoyed it. One of the things that I did not like about it is that it left the story to talk about ongoing Pern business without good background, so that it doesn't stand alone and the thread of the story was broken. It would be a much better story if those parts of the book were removed or woven in much more skillfully. The main story was good but had many of the elements of other stories, such as Dragonsong, which I really liked, but Dolphins seemed to be a bit of a rip-off of that story-line. Finished 1-13-08.

No comments: