Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Janathon Day 24 and work on my current art piece

Village Market, Mack
Today I got my exercise (47 minutes) running errands on foot.  I went to the post office (and mailed two books to my grandson Frankie), to the pharmacy (and got a new prescription), and to the Village Market for groceries (which I proceeded to make into a yummy dinner of salmon and seafood Newberg with vegetables.).

Then I worked in my oil panting--so messy, I worked on it last night when I couldn't sleep, in the morning today and again in the evening after dinner.  It is still not done, but closer.

Keith in oils by me, Mary Stebbins Taitt
8 x 10
last night during an insomnia attack
he looks too fat
the one above is #2, #1 was posted yesterday.
Keith unfinished in oils, by me, Mary Stebbins Taitt
8 x 10, the lucite bridge is to help me paint without smearing.
Trying to get rid of that "round look.  #3

Keith unfinished in oils, by me, Mary Stebbins Taitt
8 x 10
Tonight's work, #4
The painting is still very wet (and as yet unfinished) which means I cannot scan it and it is hard to photograph well.

2 comments:

John said...

Glad to see that you are still getting your exercise Mary, not so good that you are still not sleeping well. I feel I am getting to know Keith´s face very well!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, John. I am getting really bored writing about my exercise program--only a few more days and I'll be done.

Unfortunately, my paintings of Keith are imperfect and the likenesses aren't quite on.